How did you sleep last night? If the answer is "poorly" or "not at all," you'll find that this is a problem that you need to take care of as soon as possible! When we sleep, our bodies repair a lot of the damage that we do to it, and you'll find that if you are not sleeping well, you are soon going to be paying the price. When you want to sleep better and when you want to make sure that you can get the sleep that you need, there are definitely a few things to keep in mind.
Sleep Should Be a Part of Your Fitness Plan
When you getting ready to get in shape and be more fit, you'll find that you need to think about what your sleep is like. Even if you eat well and get lots of exercise, constantly shorting yourself on sleep is a poor idea. Without sleep, your body will get constantly run down. Sleep is essential for getting your body in tip top shape. When you go without sleep, have you ever noticed that you are clumsy and that you can think clearly? The more you deny your body the sleep it needs, the longer it will take you to get into shape and the more problems that you are going to have.
How Do I Get the Most Out Of My Sleep?
When you want to get enough sleep, it can be hard. Check out some of these important tips.
1. Don't exercise before you go to bed. This wakes your body up and can keep you up for hours more.
2. Eat at least two hours before you go to bed. Having food in your stomach when you go to lie down can give you indigestion.
3. White noise played on headphones or on a CD player can help you get to sleep. It gives your mind something to focus on.
4. Your bedroom should be dark, and if you have a lot of light coming in in the mornings, get some curtains. If you habitually stay up late, don't let the light wake you up before you are ready.
5. Cue yourself to go to bed. Start having a little nightly ritual to cue yourself to get some sleep. We are largely creatures of habit and this can help a great deal.
Getting enough sleep is essential to getting fit, so make sure that you consider some of the tips above!
Source: Dr. Saman Bakhtiar
TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT OUR NEW KING/SPADINA LOCATION! NEW MEMBERS RECEIVE 1 WEEK FREE!