Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Recipe: Black Bean Salad with Corn
This black bean salad with corn is great on its own, over some fresh greens, or wrapped in a sprouted grain tortilla. It uses Mexican flavors for a spicy kick, and fresh vegetables for a light and refreshing salad.
Prep time: 20 min.
Makes enough for 4 salads.
Black Bean Salad with Corn Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups black beans (cooked measure)
* 1 cup corn
* 1 lime (or 2), zested and juiced
* 1/2 Tbsp olive or flax oil (optional)
* 1 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1/2 tsp coriander
* pinch of cayenne
* pinch salt
* 1 tomato, diced
* 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
* 2 green onions, chopped, or a handful of chives
* 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
Black Bean Salad with Corn Directions
1. Put the beans and corn in a bowl, along with the lime zest and juice, spices, and a pinch of salt. Leave this to marinate for at least 10 minutes, or up to 2 hours. The longer you leave it, the more the flavors will infuse into the beans.
2. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and serve. I hope you enjoy this black bean salad with corn, the latest of my healthy vegan recipes.