Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 2 cups of homemade tomato sauce or PC Blue Menu tomato basil jarred sauce
• ½ cup of pine nuts, coarsely chopped, wheat free breadcrumbs or whole grain breadcrumbs
• 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
• ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or dried basil, rosemary or thyme
• 1 pound turkey cutlets or chicken breast, about 1/3 inch thick
• 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 2 ounces of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
• Sea salt and black pepper (optional)
Note: Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese may be replaced with Goat cheese.
Heat oven to broil.
Bring sauce to low simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
Stir together pine nuts or breadcrumbs, Parmesan and Italian seasoning in a wide, shallow dish.
Season turkey or chicken on both sides with sea salt and pepper, then dredge both sides in the nut or breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
Heat oil in a large non- stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add turkey or chicken and cook until coating is golden brown and juices run clear, about 4 minutes per side. If nuts brown too quickly, reduce heat.
Place turkey or chicken in a baking pan, top evenly with mozzarella and broil until cheese melts, about 30 seconds.
Spoon ½ cup of warm sauce on each plate and top each with a piece of turkey or chicken.
Makes 4 servings
Source: JM Nutrition, Julie Mancuso, Registered Holistic Nutritionist